1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum “drip edge” grille cloth trim, the Princeton Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the perfect recording and gigging amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Princeton Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The ’68 Custom Princeton Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender’s late-’60s “silverface” amps. In a special twist, a modified tone circuit gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals, and the amp’s reduced negative feedback gives greater touch sensitivity and quicker onset of overdrive. The ’68 Custom Princeton Reverb’s single 10” Celestion® TEN 30 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock ‘n’ roll flavor.
• Groove Tubes pre amp tubes - (3 x 12AX7), (1 x 12AT7)
• Groove Tubes power amp tubes - (2 x 6V6) - 12 Watts
• 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
• One - 10" Celestion® TEN 30 speaker
• Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry
• Hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
• Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb & tremolo
• 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth
• Includes 2-Button Footswitch & Fitted Cover